Steve Mahoney - Vocal/Guitar
Stephen Coggins - Bass
Thomas Mc Fall - Drums
Josh Guild - Guitar/Vocal
Find STD online at these sites
"Start with a base of modern Metallica. Pour in a cup of Green Day. Stir with the rock n' roll swagger of AC/DC. Set the crock pot to 'unbridled enthusiasm' and let sit until flavors blend." Zero Magazine, April 2008.
STD started as part of the 2005 Stairway To Stardom Program for
Skips Music in Sacramento as a band called Syndrome,
where the members were paired with a professional musician/coach. For 6 weeks, they wrote, practiced, and performed three original compositions at a concert venue for family, friends, media and celebrity judges.
After the program was over, 13 year old Stephen (bass), 16 year old Thomas (drums) and 15 year old Dalton (guitar) decided to stick together and convinced their coach,
Steve Mahoney, to mentor the band. Steve, a veteran of the music scene, now performs as vocalist for the band.
STD has built up a steady following since their initial show.
Now, they are one of the region's top drawing groups with a consistent draw of 150- 200 fans per show. The band has graced the stages of many Northern California venues and is consistently
requested by many regional and touring acts.
STD is releasing a 2 song EP which will feature new guitarist Josh Guild, in both digital and physical formats.
The digital versions will be available on itunes and fans can purchase both versions at the merchandise page.
The bands full length CD "Spreading The Disease" met with overwhelming praise and feedback from media and fans alike.
Since the release of their CD,
STD has been on a media frenzy with more on the way.
Here's the most recent news:
- STD was nominated for a SAMMIE in 2009 in the category of best hard rock/metal band.
- STD was "Artist Of The Month" on KRXQ 98 Rock.
- STD was featured in the Sacramento News & Review.
- The Sacramento Bee Song of The Week was the STD single "Wake Up".
- STD co-hosted the "Blitzkrieg Zone" on KSSU (CSU Sacramento Radio)
- The Antelope News featured STD bassist Stephen Coggins.
- STD was nominated for "Best Local Band" on KCRA.COM
- Raginpit Magazine online has a full interview with STD.
- ZERO Magazine Artist Spotlight on STD was featured in the April 2008 issue: